Monday 12 April 2021

Post 13: Final Sound

 I don't want to use many, if any, non-diegetic sounds. This is because I want my story to be naturalistic and the use of non-diegetic sounds will perhaps take away the immersion. 

In regards to Foley sound effects, I watched this video for inspiration and ideas: Foley sound video

When Michael comes up with his plan to get revenge on Roberto, I'm going to make all the diegetic sounds such as the clock ticking and the drawers slamming shut and people outside talking, even louder and more distorted. The use of sound here physicalises Michael's deranged and deteriorating mental state, showing that it's even declined since the start of the story. Moreover, the practical sound effects such as him walking, will be more exaggerated. Even the sound of his pen will appear to sound louder when he writes the list of ways he years to take revenge on Roberto. A loud knock on the door from the nurse will be what makes Michael the most paranoid, in which he approaches the door to attack who he assumes is Roberto. 

In the flashback, I'll use ambience from New York from the 1960s to help emphasise the urban setting. 

Here is an example of a loud ticking clock, which is what I'm going to add in my piece

This will also build the sense of urgency - Michael doesn't want to waste any time and wants to get his revenge on Roberto ASAP. 

When Michael assumes Roberto is at the door, I'm going to make his reaction appear in the form of an inner-monologue. I will achieve this by adding the audio of his line when the a close-up is used on his face - Thus, showing that this is what he's thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Toast short film recreation:

  Here is the link